The Horizon Institute is a tuition-free school choice that serves Duval County students who are academically at risk in another school setting or who simply need a second chance. This turnkey program was developed by an experienced team of administrators, instructors and community leaders to offer opportunity, hope and an educational approach that is just right for you. Our program launches in time for the 2021-22 school year.
The school is now enrolling students for grades 6-12. Students who commonly enter our program are two or more grade levels behind their age, but they have the drive to excel.
The following are true statements at the Horizon Institute:
- A high school diploma is essential, and it opens a world of possibilities for young people.
- There are numerous “right” pathways to achieve this end goal.
- Our community wins when we invest time and resources into helping every student succeed at her/his best pace.
- Research-based strategies, student access to technology, flexible locations and learning schedule and an experienced Student Services Department create positive outcomes.
- We support young people excelling at individualized rates and at different stages of their lives.
- We believe every student deserves a chance - or a second chance - to be her/his best self.
Discover more about how we provide a safe learning environment for middle school students; how we empower high school students through graduation; the Blended Learning Model in education; our school system's unique experience in Student Services; and the importance of a supportive and thriving school culture.